5 Things Your Cat Wishes You Knew
Last month we let you know what we think your dog would want you to know. And, as promised, we don’t want to leave out the cat owners. Cats don’t always let us know what they are thinking as easily…but here is our list of what we think they would like to tell us if they could.
What Is My Cat Thinking?
- We don’t like hairballs any more than you do! – Hey, we get it…we don’t make the most pleasant of sounds when we have to get one of those nasty things up. But, the truth is, we have to do it. We have to groom ourselves and, while most of the hair will pass just fine, occasionally it’s going to have to come up. Please try to excuse us like we do you when you get a stomach bug. Believe us…you aren’t pretty either.
- Purring doesn’t always mean that we are happy. – Don’t get us wrong…we purr when we are happy, but we purr at other times too. We may purr when we are hungry, or bonding with our moms, or even if we’re hurt. So, please don’t assume that we are content. You may want to look around at the situation before assuming that our purring is a sign of happiness.
- I love chasing the little red light (but it can be too much for me). – That red light is a tricky little prey. He is really fast, but I know one day I will catch him. Why do cats like to chase the laser light? Because we come from a long line of predators. But, be careful. Have you heard the saying, “too much of a good thing?” Well, as much as we cats want to chase the light, we could develop behavior issues if we do it too much. So, please let us play for a little while and then, let’s just pretend I caught it – okay?
- What is with all of the cat videos? Alright…we know we are superior to every species and are absolutely adorable. But, why do you like to film us so much? The cat videos that show off our amazing skills are awesome. Those videos that show us falling off the back of the couch or getting stuck in something are just downright embarrassing.
- We love you know matter what! – Cats have a bad reputation for being aloof. Well, we may not always come running when you call like Fido does. But, we really do love being part of a family. We enjoy your attention, affection, and love. And, when we purr then…that’s showing that we are happy.
We’d Love To Hear From You (And Your Cat)!
So, there you go. That’s what we think cats would like us to know. Did your ideas make our list? If not, please leave your thoughts of what a cat would like us to know in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!
photo credit: Tales of Bedlam - Louis Wain via photopin (license)